Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Wanting to achieve a goal but feeling a bit stuck?


Have you ever want to achieve something but feeling a bit "stuck"?

In order to achieve anything, there are 3 things to consider.

1  Have clear goals that resonate with one's values. This is important for "direction and motivation".  It's the "why" in the equation. Why are you doing what you are doing?
2  Get the appropriate skills, resources including mentorship to make it happen.  This gives one "confidence" to carry it through.  It's the "how and what" in the equation. 
3  Change "limiting beliefs" that is holding one back from achieving those goals.  Limiting beliefs like "I am not good enough" or "If I fail, I am insignificant", or "If I fail, I will let people down" etc are common limiting beliefs. 

Coaching or counseling can help one to define number 1,2 and 3 with 1 being first in my opinion.
It's important to note that number 3 can hold one back from achieving one's goals despite having clear goals, motivation and skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.