Saturday, July 2, 2011

What is your goal in life?

What is your goal in life?

Seems like a  very simple question but yet, a lot of my patients seem to find it somewhat difficult to come up with a definititive answer to this question.

Some say..
? more money
? I wish my kids would listen to me more
? to have better relationships
? to have a better job
? to go on an overseas trip soon
? to know what I want (followed by a half hearted laugh)


Can you relate to some of these answers?

Well, ultimately, in my opinion, everyone's goal is to be happy and in order to be happy and fulfilled, one needs to understand self, understand your core values, and try to create a life that is congruent with those core values.

Often, I am of the opinion that Depression and Anxiety can stem from the lack of self understanding.

Food for thought.

Dr Vin
Family Doctor with an interest in Wellness
Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.