Thursday, June 16, 2011

Why does "bad" things seem to happen again and again? "The depression cycle"

Think about this one.....

  • My current reaction is a reflection of my conditioned past.
  • My future reaction is a reflection of my current conditioning which is a product of my current reactions.
  • Hence my future reaction is a reflection of my past.
This is why things seems to repeat itself.  When bad things happen to us, and we say to ourselves, "never again", but for some strange reason, it happens again and again.

Can you relate to this?

Can we break this cycle?

Through mindfulness techniques, we aim to "reprogram" our conditioned mind and only then, we can break the cycle.  Read more on Mindfulness, Acceptance Commitment Therapy(ACT) and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT) in this blog.  I will expand on this in future blog and discuss further on how to "reprogram" our conditioned mind.


Dr Vin Tran
MBBS FRACGP Australia
http://www.priorityhealthmedicalcentre.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.