Saturday, May 28, 2011

It is your Belief that dictates your reaction to an event

When I overreact to something, I step back and reflect and ask myself, hey why do I react like this?

First I look at the trigger and then my reaction to the trigger and ask myself the question "what is the belief" that leads me to this reaction.

For example, why do I feel nervous about meeting new people?
What is the belief that I have that leads to this reaction?

If I feel that Iam better than everyone, would I have this reaction?????? Probably not...

If I feel that Iam good enough not because Iam perfect but because Iam aware of my mistakes and that every mistake will help me grow as a person and that growth is more important than achievement, then will I still react that way?  Probably not....

If I believe that "Iam not good enough", will I react this way?  Yes!

Sometimes, the belief that "Iam not good enough" when coupled with anxiety or fear, can lead to a fear of being judged and the fear of not being good enough.  This is a common problem.

The good news is that, once you know your belief, then you have the opportunity to reprogram it and then, the fear of meeting new people will subside.

Food for thought.  We will explore this concept further as this blog evolves.


Vin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.